Partnerships & Community
With the advanced communication methods and amount of information available in today’s high-tech world, it makes more sense than ever to partner with other organizations to achieve results quickly and efficiently. IMS works with many different organizations in Massachusetts, New England, and around the U.S. and the world. The following list is a starting point; please ask your advisor, other faculty members, and your colleagues in IMS for additional information on partnerships.
Environmental Agencies, Federal
- National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: New England District
- U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: New England Region
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: Northeast Region
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS): Woods Hole Field Center
Environmental Agencies, Massachusetts
- Executive Office of Environmental Affairs (EOEA)
- Massachusetts Bays Program (MBP)
- Massachusetts Coastal Zone Management (MCZM)
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Management
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Massachusetts Department of Fisheries, Wildlife, and Environmental Law Enforcement
- Massachusetts Geographic Information System (MassGIS)
- Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA)
- Cornell University Legal Information Institute (LII), Environmental Law Topic
Includes full text of many environmental laws.
- Federal Web Locator
One stop shopping for federal government information on the World Wide Web.
Comprehensive web database of legal information.
- FindLaw, Environmental Law Subject
- 4 Law School Authority
- Internet Law Library, Chicago-Kent College of Law
Formerly the U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library.
- Massachusetts, Abstracts of MASS Marine Fisheries Laws
- National Archives and Records Administration, Office of the Federal Register
Includes access to the Federal Register via Government Printing Office.
- THOMAS / Legislative Information on the Internet
- Vermont Law School