- A multitude of resources. We have five diverse campuses with a bounty of resources, including laboratories, libraries, research institutes, vehicles, and vessels so students and professors can pursue far-reaching projects.
- An eclectic faculty. Twenty-three departments with more than 90 top-notch professors who appreciate the advantages of the UMass collegial approach.
- A bright future. An enriching scholastic experience as well as broader employment prospects
Here are just a few of the details around the UMass IMS community in the short two years from July 2007 to June 2009.
- 82 Faculty members
- 61 Students
- 8 Directors/Affiliates
- 33 Alumni
- 16 Countries Visited
- 5 Campuses
- 99 Professional Memberships
- 390 Publications
- 25 Awards Received
- More than $38 million in Grants
- 194 Journals Published In
- 52 Book Chapters
- 312 Invited Talks/Presentation
- Over 100 courses spanning the natural marine sciences and marine policy, resource management, economics, and law
...and much more in our short 8 year history! For information on the previous 5 years, read the Scholastic Report 2002-2007.
The PDF files on this page require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.